Manage a series of new and existing customers to provide a service supplying them quality
composite parts, ensuring a sustainable level of profit for the company. Sometimes working as part of a wider team on larger projects or running customer projects directly the role is varied and requires someone of a practical nature.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Co-ordination of projects through concept to delivery.
- Commercial responsibility & estimating.
- Account management of customers.
- Come up with innovative manufacturing solutions for parts.
- Tool design when required.
- Responsible for the input into Progress all new items, maintenance, and upkeep of BOM's, loading sales orders and ensuring delivery notes are provided for your projects.
- Ensure the establishment of clear requirements for the project with the customer prior to the commencement of manufacture.
- Preparing Engineering Management plans, including estimates for schedule and resource
- Produce clear work instruction for manufacturing staff.
- Ensure materials are made available in a timely manner, either through direct procurement or delegating procurement activities.
- Modify existing layup books and sign off sheets as parts evolve or react to quality issues.
- Working with quality team to ensure best practices.
- Project manage component manufacture through factory and working with external suppliers as necessary.
- Co-ordination of part manufacture on the shop-floor with production supervisors.
- Assistance with operating and maintaining shop-floor equipment such as Autoclaves and ovens.
- Maintain full and up to date knowledge of relevant technical and quality areas.
- Negotiation of variations to contract / job.
- Ensuring the accounts department are kept up to date with invoicing, WIP and assisting them with chasing overdue payments.
- Experience with Designing in Siemens NX or Solidworks highly beneficial
- Occasional UK and overseas travel.
Desirable Experience & Qualifications
- Degree level education in Engineering.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar role.
- Experience with Composite and GRP materials and manufacturing.
Please be aware that many roles are subject to security control. Successful candidates must pass a DBS check and be eligible to apply for a level of UK National Security Vetting.
Must have rights to work in UK (Sponsorship not available)
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.