Belcan Workforce Solutions is currently recruiting a Project Controls Engineer. Our client is a leading engineering and maintenance provider, supporting customers across the chemical & petrochemical, nuclear, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals & biopharma, power & energy, utilities, renewables and food & beverage markets. We enhance the efficiency of assets, ensuring a high level of availability and reducing maintenance costs.
We have extensive experience in offshore and onshore facilities; specialising in asset management services throughout all life cycle phases from consulting, engineering, manufacturing, assembly, operations, maintenance, and decommissioning.
We will reward you with an attractive remuneration package, combined with flexibility relating to working hours and hybrid working.
- You will support your engineering project manager (EPM) in the monitoring, controlling and reporting of engineering projects
- These projects will range from Concept Design to Execution Design
- The projects will be for different sectors (Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Energy, Utilities, Chemicals, Food), medium and large projects, and greenfield and brownfield. This size of the projects will be typically up to 30,000 hrs.
- Depending on size and complexity you may work on one project or a portfolio of projects
- You are responsible for ensuring the integrity and effectiveness of planning / scheduling, cost, project change control and project risk management in line with the contract.
- You will set up the project schedule and project reporting system in line with the project contract requirements
- You will update the project schedule with input from the discipline lead engineers, procurement manager and EPM, challenging them on the reported progress if required
- You will provide information (e.g. histograms, S-curves, control estimate) required for the progress reports
- You will advise the EPM ways to recover from programme slippage
- You will identify risks to the programme or budget and advise the EPM
If you have the following profile, then we are looking forward to meeting you
- Previous experience as project controls engineer in an Engineering / EPCM / EPC company, in one of the above mentioned sectors
- Experience setting up an Engineering project schedule and project reporting system
- Sound knowledge of multidiscipline engineering projects and solid understanding of interdependencies and logic links between intra- and inter-discipline activities and deliverables
- Experience working on large scale portfolios, programmes or projects
- Sound knowledge of and experience with various phases of engineering and construction projects - concept, FEED, detailed design, procurement, construction, commissioning
- Experience and good understanding of working with the common standard forms of contract (NEC3 and 4, FIDIC, etc.)
- A strong understanding of Project Controls practices, processes and tools, including application of standard metrics such as BCWS, BCWP, ACWP, SPI, CPI
- Significant capability in the use of scheduling software (Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel)
- Significant capability in Microsoft Office (Word and Powerpoint) and SAP
- Experience in the use of various cost control, risk management and reporting tools
- Result oriented. You are only satisfied if you help the EPM complete a project profitably
- HND / BSc / BEng / MSc in Engineering or Chartered Engineer
- Qualification from APM (Association of Planning Engineers) and/or AcosteE (Association of Cost Engineers)
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan