Process Engineer - UK Hybrid with trips to Bristol
Due to an increased number of projects, Belcan are looking for a Contract Process Engineer for an initial 12 month contract starting in 2023 - Outside IR35. The Process Engineer will assist the existing engineering team with brownfield design solutions for upgrades to an existing site in the UK. The role is hybrid, with a mix of home and office based working for project design coordination.
The specific project involves updating fuel storage infrastructure at a UK site. The Process Engineer will complete a process design to include surge analysis, hydraulic calculations, PFDs, and P&ID development for replacement equipment that includes new fuel storage, filtration, pumps, and a road tanker wagon loading facility. The scope is limited to FEED and detailed design plus answering questions from the principal contractor.
Typical activities include:
- Design Review
- Basis of Design and Philosophies
- Equipment specifications and data sheets
- Tie-In and piping design
- Surge Analysis
- P&ID and PFD development
- Responsible for process aspects of project delivery including technical and quality compliance
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Technical qualification to HND or Degree level (e.g. Chemical Engineering) or equivalent experience
- Process Engineering experience within Oil & Gas, LNG, Petrochemicals, Cryogenic Pipeline, Process or Gas Compression
- Experience on Top Tier COMAH sites
- Ability to perform surge analysis and hydraulic calculations (software not determined)
- Basic experience of CAD, Electrical, and C&I engineering disciplines.
- Experienced in working to CDM regulations.
- Ability to draw on a range of project management skills, tools and approaches.
- Able to collaborate with the safety team in development of safety deliverables.
- Good awareness of cyber security
Belcan Advanced Solutions is a specialist engineering consultancy providing electrical, process, mechanical, control & instrumentation engineering, technical safety services, and OT cyber security consultancy services. Founded in 2008 we are a team of high calibre engineers and have a passion for combining engineering and innovation. Belcan Advanced Solutions is part of Belcan, an international engineering firm founded over 60 years ago, serving customers in over 60 locations worldwide.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan