Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking to recruit a Principal Engineer (Explosion Safety) for a Maritime services company in Cumbria The post is for an estimated 6 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Due to security restrictions, successful applicants must have been born in the UK and be a British National. All successful applications will be required to obtain and maintain a SC clearance from commencement of employment.
As a Principal Engineer - Explosion Safety, you will be providing support to the Engineering Manager during the development of strategies and risk assessments. You will be working within our Control Damage Hazards (CDH) team who work with SHE and fire safety management and you will be primarily focused on DSEAR compliance activities. You will also have the opportunity to work with a wide range of stakeholders across the submarine projects as well as site redevelopment projects.
This role will provide you with the chance to work alongside subject matter experts within an exciting and specialist skills area, whilst working on critical and complex engineering projects. This role will also give you the opportunity to develop processes and policies for the site, and influence change.
Your main responsibilities as a Principal Engineer - Explosion Safety will involve:
- Undertaking DSEAR assessments
- Taking a lead role in explosion safety compliance activities across a variety of projects to meet strategic explosion safety objectives
- Monitoring, recording and reporting against key performance indicators for explosion safety through a variety of key stakeholder groups
- Developing, producing and maintaining explosion safety process documentation and management strategies for site
- Producing and reviewing explosion strategies and risk assessments
- Reviewing and supporting Commissioning Strategies for explosion safety systems
- Reviewing of engineering documentation (relevant to explosion safety)
- Providing support to regulatory body site inspections
- Experience of working in an explosion safety engineering environment and applying various methods of hazard analysis
- DSEAR risk assessment experience gained from a high hazard industry and understanding of hazardous area classification
- Proven track record in implementing business processes to achieve strategic objectives
- Passion for safety and open to developing new skills and undertaking further training in explosion risk management
- Degree qualified in STEM discipline
- What we're looking for in you:
- Good communication skills to effectively liaise with stakeholders
- Strategic thinking
- Energy and enthusiasm
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan