Sitec a Belcan Company have a requirement for a Principal Engineer with experience in mechanical handling equipment, for a Defence and Military Dockyard in Plymouth. This is a contract role with an estimated duration of 6 months with the potential to be extended. Candidates must have valid SC Clearance as you will be needed on Site from Day 1.
Main Purpose of Role;
Lead and manage one or more technical design packages agreeing project related objectives, managing designer performance and making appropriate technical management responses. Provide Subject Matter Expert advice as per discipline.
Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget
Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and leading the project's technical planning process.
Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements, operate and deliver through compliance with Clients Business Management System and Technical Manual.
Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
The Principal Engineer must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle.
Provide expert advice to the sub-contracted design houses to enable them to develop the design.
Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements.
Experience of working in BIM environments.
Sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience.
Sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety (including Principal Designer responsibilities under CDM) and Quality requirements.
Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications.
Experience of the design support to construction, operation, refit/repair of conventional and nuclear submarines and/or facilities.
Qualifications and Experience Needed;
A degree in an appropriate engineering discipline. Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council.
- NUC0793 Nuclear Plant Foundation Course Module 1.
- NUC0794 Nuclear Fundamentals (Foundation) Course Module 2.
- NUC0911 Introduction to Safety Engineering (ITSE).
- Design of cranes in Nuclear Regulated environment with proven experience in substantiation thereof;
- Knowledge of lifting techniques, processes etc. applicable to a Nuclear Licensed production environment;
- Design of conventional mechanical handling equipment to support production activities within a graving dock facility, particular focus on materials handling and flow required.
- Control and protection systems (including SIL rated)
- Seismic analysis of mechanical handling systems
- Substantiation of high integrity mechanical handling systems
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan