Sitec a Belcan Company have a requirement for a Principal Engineer to be based on a Defence and Military Dockyard in Plymouth. This is a contract role with an estimated duration of 6 months with the potential to be extended. Candidates must have valid SC Clearance as you will be needed on Site from Day 1.
Main Purpose of Principal Engineer
To provide support to the project management function, delivering the package to Time / Cost / Quality. Assisting the technical and project teams in development of requirements, project scope and solutions for specific work packages.
Translate supply chain reporting into useable data to inform planning, monitoring and control of work packages.
Provide input to cost and budget monitoring.
Develop Stakeholder management and communications plans.
Contribute to the risk process including the identification, assessment, planning and implementation of risks, opportunities and issues.
Examples of 10 Dock systems being delivered within the Dock Systems packages:
- Docking trolley system.
- Dock furniture (capstans, fairleads, bollards etc.).
- Environmental enclosure (sectioned / moveable full dock cover).
- Contained walkway between ship and dock structures (radiologically implicated).
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
The candidate must have demonstrable experience of project management with mechanical systems / structures.
Experience of delivery on a Nuclear Licensed site or with Nuclear safety / radiologically implicated equipment or services would be preferable.
- NEC 4 contracts
- CEMAR - (desirable)
- MS Project
- Buildings Information Management (BIM) - (desirable)
- Proficient in MS office suite
- HNC / HND (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline.
- APM project management qualification (or equivalent).
- IOSH (desirable).
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan