Schedule/ Planning Manager (Schedule, PM support)
Industry - Building & Construction
- The Planning manager shall provide support to project team members to ensure that projects are executed in accordance with established means and methods and Party A policies and procedures.
- Assist in developing, monitoring and maintaining schedules for multiple construction projects of various size and complexity
- With senior level guidance and supervision, work with project stakeholders to identify detailed tasks, durations, dependencies and resources to build the Overall Project Schedule (OPS)
- With senior level guidance and supervision, updates maintains the Overall Project Schedules (OPS) and NearTerm Schedules (NTS) throughout the lifecycle of assigned projects
- Provide analysis, evaluation and forecasting of current project status with the established baseline schedule (OPS). Working with supervisor, access schedule performance and advise the team on status and preventive/corrective actions required
- Assist in assessing the impact of design and/or construction changes and schedule slippage
- Track actual versus planned
- If required, develop and maintain Material Status Log on assigned projects
- Document and track issues, risks and action items through resolution
- Continually walks construction job sites to review activity progress and utilizes Walking Papers to capture and report progress
- Conduct/Attend project meetings and prepare comprehensive and professional Progress Reports for stakeholders that accurately depicts project status, action items and areas of concern
- Read and interpret construction plans and specifications
- Utilizes computer programs (Microsoft Office, and Project) as required to manage project schedules and other deliverables
- Builds and maintains solid working relationships with Party A at the staff level
- Meets internal and external customer requirements and standards
- Planning manager applicants need to be very experience in managing industrial construction projects, such as recycling and smelting plants, power plants, etc. where it involved large machinery installation. You can discard candidates with building and infrastructure experience.
- Extensive in the construction sector.
- Well versed in local Malaysian construction environment including local authority requirement, permitting, etc.
- Able to execute all construction activities according to plan from procurement, transport, until installation/erection and commissioning of all M&E industrial equipment
- Must have a tertiary Engineering qualification in either Civil, Structural, MEP or Architectural
- Must have knowledge of Primavera / Microsoft project
- Due to employment law in Malaysia, only applicants with the right to work in Malaysia need apply.
- Must have extensive Building & Construction Industry experience.
- Will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, with excellent opportunities for career progression and further training with this large international Engineering consultant.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.