Belcan Workforce Solutions is currently looking for a Technical Writer to work for one of our clients based Irlam, Manchester, UK.
You will be responsible for interpreting and transforming upstream engineering / technical information and creating master service parts information for the Perkins network and key OEM customers. Transform 3D/JT Models into 2D Illustrations using illustration software (Iso-Draw) in support of our parts lists service information.
You will also be responsible for ensuring the Aftermarket ERP system is aligned to the engineering systems, supporting appropriate procurement and parts stocking. Alongside liasing closely with engineering, marketing, and commercial teams to provide service information support.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent analytical skills: large proportion of time will be spent transforming engineering / technical data into service information.
- Experience managing Bills of Material within a BOM/parts listing application.
- Ability to recognise engine spare parts/components by description, drawing or shape.
- Ability to interpret basic technical data.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to comfortably work with a variety of people across an organisation.
- Contribute to team success by delivering key business metrics.
- Independently plan, organise, and prioritise workload.
- An eye for detail with excellent quality and work standards
- Ability and willingness to adapt and learn.
- Need to work in a team environment (remotely and office based)
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Familiar with engine components but not essential
An advantage but not essential
- Experience of industrial diesel engines, automotive parts, agricultural equipment/machinery.
- Experience of using SAP ERP systems
- Use of Technical Authoring or Product Lifecycle package e.g., Windchill.
- Use of illustration software, e.g., IsoDraw
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Teams, Word)
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan