Pay rate: £40.68 per hour Umbrella
Contract details: 10 months (inside IR35)
Work type: Hybrid (60% on site)
Location: Broughton, UK
Belcan Workforce Solutions are working with the world's leading Aircraft manufacturer to find two Lead Design Engineers to join its Wing Plant Engineering Team based in Broughton, UK.
The Broughton plant provides the wings for around half of all aircraft deliveries across the world each year, making this an exciting opportunity to showcase and develop your skills within an established (and still growing) organisation.
About the Role
This role will provide an excellent opportunity for a committed person to further develop their technical and leadership skills in a positive and supportive team environment.
Working within the Wing Plant Engineering Team, our client is looking to appoint a Lead Design Engineer who will be supporting the Wing Component Delivery Teams.
The Wing Plant Engineering Team's primary function is to provide engineering support to the Broughton plant and its supply chain, enabling wings to be delivered to the Final Assembly lines. The team identifies improvements, undertakes investigations, and provides technical solutions via structural and systems modifications for design for cost, rate, and quality improvements.
The successful applicant will be part of a fast-moving team who deliver high quality design solutions and will operate as a design engineer and ultimately hold design approval signatory, for manufacturing non-conformances.
- Leading design investigations and formulating technical solutions for a range of tasks, including manufacturing non-conformances and design investigations, ensuring that all design, airworthiness, and safety requirements are met.
- Leading and providing guidance on technical issues and governance.
- Supporting technical mentoring for engineering team members.
- Ensuring a robust 'lessons learnt' and feedback process is maintained.
- Reporting on critical technical issues through functional managers where applicable.
- Development of stakeholder relationships in the wider network to engineering.
Required Competencies & Abilities
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- T200 approval or validation approval for non-conformance.
- Experience in answering NCs for design tasks.
- Experience in approving NCs for design tasks.
- Innovative mindset, able to think freely with a degree of curiosity to explore new or alternative ideas and approaches.
- Anticipation mindset, able to identify risks/opportunities and manage them appropriately.
- Deliver reliably on time, cost and quality whilst embracing change and challenge when appropriate.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan