Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical baised Field Engineer / Maintenance Planner / Scheduler for a Private Oil and Gas Company in Fife, Scotland. The post is initially for a 24 month contract and is paying competitively on a PAYE and Umbrella hourly basis for a 37.5 hour week.
This position has been deemed Inside of IR35.
- To be responsible for the planning and scheduling of all Maintenance activities.
- Should have good understanding of safety, health, and environmental requirements (SHE), work selection criteria, work planning, norms estimating, procurement practices, business practices and controls, contractor interface awareness, development of job packs, etc.
- Skilled in scheduling work tasks
Key Tasks, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Review and validate clarity of work requests
- Build cost & duration estimates as required for machinery plans
- Review approved work orders for planning
- Build plans that minimize equipment downtime and maximize safe/efficient/effective use of resources
- Initiate the interface between maintenance and other business areas to develop an integrated plan
- Utilize planner complexity guidelines to determine the extent of detailed planning required
- Define scope of work for contract services
- Identify material needs
- Initiate procurement and track status of materials and contract services
- Test the plan to ensure alignment with original objectives
- Produce the job pack as defined by EM internal guidelines
- Recycle major changes and deviations from the plan
- Responsible for planning related measures.
- Facilitate planning meetings as required
- Develop standard plans and maintain a library
- Initiate the review of plan performance for continuous improvement of the planning process
Skills & Qualifications
- 5-10 years of closely related professional experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering within an applicable discipline, appropriate certification(s) within discipline, or equivalent professional experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Proficient in selected scheduling and planning software
- Demonstrates good leadership skills in Work Team meetings to remove barriers and steward action items and cost profile to work plan and cost estimates.
Knowledge and Experience
- 3+ years Machinery planning experience (rotating equipment)
- Machinery execution experience is desirable
- SAP experience is desirable but not essential
- Lead / conduct business meetings
- Work with site scheduler to ensure schedules, resources (bundling work, resource selection, sequencing, etc.) appear in schedule as planned
- Work to deadlines and respond to changing priorities
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan