Belcan are hiring on a Permanent basis for a Mechanical Engineer based in our Runcorn facility.
The Mechanical Engineer should have a background in Package engineering for the oil and gas industry, preferably in Gas Turbine packaging but other similar experience would be considered. The candidate should have a passion to help drive forward innovative ideas and follow them through to implementation, whilst continually maintaining quality and service requirements.
The role has a strong focus on engineering delivery and quality.
Amongst other things the successful candidate will be comfortable working in an Engineering Service environment and will be able to balance the technical responsibilities inherent within the role, with the commercial and project timescale associated with delivery.
Detailed task responsibilities and knowledge:
- Produce system P&IDs including Bills of Materials (BOMs).
- Produce, review, and approve designs within the mechanical group.
- Undertaking technical bid evaluations.
- Produce system verification calculations to confirm design where required e.g., system pressure drop, weight/Centre of Gravity.
- Good knowledge of American design codes and standards i.e., ASME VIII, API (in particular API 614), ASTM.
- Knowledge of Mechanical handling.
- Knowledge of EU Directives (Machinery, PED and ATEX).
- Working knowledge of corrosion and degradation mechanisms and able to select materials of construction for equipment in oil and gas onshore/offshore industry.
- Mechanical understanding covering fabrication and welding standards and best practices
- Ground up system design of mechanical and piping systems.
- Prepare and deliver clear, effective technical information to the customer.
- Where required design components, brackets and supports to suit the installation considering value and weight.
- Carry out concept design studies and present outcome for review.
- Engineer will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of design assigned to them, i.e., production of enquiry documentation for plant and equipment including equipment datasheets, specification(s) and vendor liaison.
- Review and implementation of customer specification(s).
- Interacts with customer technical focal points as required to meet/fulfil customer expectations.
- Be able to interact well with both internal and external stakeholders and communicate technical issues; propose solutions for features which do not meet the requirements etc.
- Supporting team leader to define approach, timescales and hours associated with tasks
- On-Time, On-Budget delivery in accordance with Belcan customer quotations
- Adherence to the Belcan Quality Management System
- Adherence to the Customer Quality Management System
- Identify cost savings (internal & customer)
- Identify change
- Manages change and can articulate its occurrence
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Mechanical HNC/Engineering Degree (or similar)
- Understanding of P&ID's
- Good overall skills in Microsoft Office
- Understanding of small and large steel fabrication manufacturing and assembly processes
- Understanding of package manufacturing and assembly processes
- Understanding of Design for Manufacture
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.