Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical CAD Designer for our client who are an leading UK construction and regeneration group based near Reading. The post is an initial 6 month contract with the possibility of longer term work and paying competitively on an hourly basis for a 40 hour week.
You must hold current SC or DV Clearance to apply as the end customers projects are of an extremely high level of classification. Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this role.
About the Role
In your role as Mechanical Engineer you will provide a CAD based design service supporting the Manufacturing Engineers, in Operational Facilities, Production Agencies and/or Programmes across the company, in the provision of equipment that meets the needs of manufacturing processes within delegated areas of responsibility.
You will be required to ensure that the design, procurement, prove-out and operation of tooling and equipment is safe, cost effective, maintainable, controlled and configured in accordance with company standards, the Manufacturing Authority procedures and current legislation.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Design of equipment utilising Autodesk Inventor software
- Presentation of the design at process and/or design reviews
- Production (or management of the production) of all Technical Product Specifications in support of the design (drawings, specifications, MI's etc)
- Manage the modification of existing equipment as required in accordance with MFG 1168 including the preparation and maintenance of CAN's
- Produce and maintain Design History Files utilising EDMS
- Prove out the tool or equipment in conjunction with the ME
- To ensure responsibilities are understood and applied with regard to the Company's Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
- To safeguard Company information and assets from unauthorised access or disclosure, reporting security breaches and apply security at all times
Experience & Skills
- Proven product design experience preferably in a production support area including the generation/modification of design documentation packages including supporting calculations and reports
- Practical experience of machine tools, production activities and processes
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to interact at all levels
- Advanced skills in the use a variety of Computer Software packages including Autodesk Inventor, 2D & 3D AutoCAD and EDMS. Experience with Siemens NX would be an advantage but not essential.
- Application of product design standards
- Competent in the writing of Technical Reports and presenting of technical information
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan