Sitec, a Belcan company, are recruiting a Manufacturing Engineer to join a very busy Manufacturing Engineering team for a world leading aerospace company, on a 6 month contract based in Chester
The contract is inside IR35
35 hours per week Monday to Friday
Umbrella £33.90 per hour
PAYE £25.62 per hour
- Providing efficient solutions to the development of processes and products, ranging from small to large component designs.
- Design and implement cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety and reliability
- Develop project specifications
- Develop, test and evaluate theoretical designs
- Discuss and solve complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers.
- Make sure a product will perform consistently in specified operating environments
- Manage projects using engineering principles and techniques
- Plan and design new production processes.
- Ability to set up and drive change process including related deliverables for change of standard configuration, offer change (customisation), validities (point of embodiment).
Tasks & Accountabilities:
As a Manufacturing Engineer you will have the autonomy to develop and deliver new projects on behalf of the manufacturing team in Chester.
- To support and lead H&S improvement projects
- To work as part of an MFT in delivering these projects in line with agreed timescales
- Project management - weekly updates required and any risk to plan to be highlighted
As a Manufacturing Engineer you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Technical background in manufacturing engineering, background knowledge in drilling will be desirable.
- Strong team player
- Competent in lineside support role
- Previous Aviation experience desirable
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan