Belcan Workforce Solutions are currently looking for an M & E Planner for a Defence establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 8 month contract and is paying competitively on a daily basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain UK Security Clearance.
An IR35 assessment for tax purposes is required for this engagement. In order to determine the Limited Company's correct IR35 status, an individual Limited Company assessment will be required.
Our client are looking for a Planner to join their defence sector. The site-based role is to work under the supervision of the lead planner and specific work package manager to manage a detailed delivery & procurement schedule for internal mechanical and electrical fit out works on a major project.
- Application of technical and construction knowledge to produce and manage integrated programmes
- To coach the operational project teams on planning elements of their work and integrate and communicate effectively with the project team
- Interface directly with supply Chain and undertake regular reviews and challenge assumptions / durations
- Work closely with the site team to maximise the potential of the project
- Coordinate the supply chain to achieve production targets and key milestones
- Manage programme related elements of the risk mitigation plan / opportunity plan
- Proficient with Primavera P6 in an Enterprise environment
- Previous site experience in delivering projects to programme
- Experienced in the implementation and use of earned value analysis (schedule and performance management)
- Experience of Developing WBS / OBS and development of schedules from limited information
- Ability to integrate with M&E, General Building and complex Plant work packages to achieve programme
- Undertake planning verification of Supply chain activities and verify claimed monthly progress and YE progress
- An ability to work in a partnering environment with the client
- Understand Planning and Construction processes and be able to recommend methods of construction and able to seek opportunities and problem solve with the design & engineering team and supply chain to identify programme and production opportunities
- Skilled in progress interrogation and scrutiny of / challenging contractor schedules
- Close working with supply chain / internal project managers to develop / improve logic sequence
- Experience of Critical Path Analysis / late starts early starts / finishes
- Understanding and interpreting Float Erosion and Critical activities
- Managing Baselines
- Development of What-if scenarios for exploring sequence effects on the schedule
- Experience of working with the NEC suite contracts and familiar in undertaking Programme For Acceptance (PFA) reviews
- Experience in assessing CE claims from a time perspective
- Ability to interpret project documentation
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan