Belcan are currently looking to recruit a Logistics Engineer for our client who are a world leader in construction and mining equipment. The position is an estimated 12 month contract based in Belfast, Northern Ireland and paying competitively on an hourly basis. Working hours are Monday: 07:00 - 17:15 and Tuesday - Thursday 07:00 - 16:45 there will be requirements of overtime for this post.
This position has been deemed Inside of IR35.
Due to increased business requirements our client has a vacancy based in Belfast for a Logistics Engineer. The Logistics Engineer is responsible for supporting the design and implementation of all related logistics processes, machinery & equipment, storage concepts, Point of Use Design among other processes for our clients Integrated Logistics projects.
- Design and implement successful logistics solutions, utilizing technical and soft skills.
- Data purification & analysis
- Warehouse storage design & manufacturing point-of-use (POU) design
- Machinery & equipment design and procurement
- Workforce & equipment planning
- Logistics process design
- Inventory transfer & rearrangement planning
- Integrating supply chain knowledge into warehouse design.
- Use of the WMS and integrating this into the overall design of processes.
- In addition to technical skills, a Logistics Engineer must demonstrate the following values based competencies (VBCs): integrity & trust; building inclusive relationships; customer focus; problem solving; priority setting; and dealing with uncertainty.
- Although the requirements above describe most of the responsibilities, due to the breadth of issues that arise on projects, it is sometimes expected that a Logistics Engineer take on other responsibilities outside of this job description.
- Implementing and sustaining significant improvements in internal logistics
- Analysing material flow, creating process maps, and warehouse layout designs
- Work with manufacturing engineers to trial new concepts of material delivery
- Work with quality assurance to maximise handling efficiency whilst maintaining product quality
- University degree in Supply Chain, Engineering or related subject
- Candidates with lesser or no qualifications should have significantly more experience in a logistics or manufacturing engineering environment
- Experience as logistics engineer or manufacturing engineer
- Strong PC Skills (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, & AutoCAD)
- Knowledge in a warehouse management system e.g. SAP
- Implementation of kitting solutions with manufacturing environments
- Point of Use Design in an industrial Assembly environment
- Plan for Every Part (PFEP)
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan