Due to an increased number of projects, Belcan are looking for a Contract Safety Engineer for an initial 10 month contract - Outside IR35 starting ASAP. The Safety Engineer will assist the existing engineering team with brownfield solutions for upgrades to an existing site in the UK. The role is hybrid, with a mix of home and office based working.
The specific project involves updating fuel storage infrastructure at a UK site. Replacement equipment includes new fuel storage and dewatering tanks, filtration, pumps, valves, and road tanker wagon loading facility.
The role will involve development and execution of a wide variety of Process Safety, Technical Safety, and Risk Analysis Studies for our client. Additionally, the role would involve active involvement with implementation of functional safety lifecycle activities (as per IEC 61511 and IEC 61508).
Key Competencies Required:
Relevant Experience within Process Safety / Technical Safety / Functional Safety with experience in more than one of the following areas:
- Strong skills in Consequence Modelling and Risk Analysis using PHAST/PHAST Risk/SAFETI
- Delivering quantitative risk assessments such as: QRAs, Fire Risk, Explosion Assessments (FERAs), Escape, Evacuation and Rescue Analysis (EERA), Emergency Systems Survivability Analysis (ESSA)
- Participating/Facilitating/Organising HAZIDs, HAZOPs, SIL Studies
- Strong understanding and direct experience of Functional Safety Lifecycle (IEC 61511) application
- Barrier Management (Bow-Ties), CFD Modelling, Process Safety Management (desirable but not essential)
- Degree in an Engineering discipline such as Chemical/Process Engineering, Control & Instrumentation etc. - a specialisation in Safety, Risk and Reliability
- Membership of a recognised professional institution
- Ideally with consulting background and experience in both Greenfield and Brownfield projects with major Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) and Operating Companies
- Ideally with experience in all project lifecycle stages (Concept, FEED, Detail Design etc.) in the process industry and energy sector (including Oil and Gas, LNG, Petrochemicals)
- Liaising with Project Management and Client Stakeholders
- Effective communicator with excellent report writing skills
- Organised and adaptive professional with ability to efficiently and proactively collaborate in a remote working environment
Belcan Advanced Solutions is a specialist engineering consultancy providing electrical, process, mechanical, control & instrumentation engineering, technical safety services, and OT cyber security consultancy services. Founded in 2008 we are a team of high calibre engineers and have a passion for combining engineering and innovation. Belcan Advanced Solutions is part of Belcan, an international engineering firm founded over 60 years ago, serving customers in over 60 locations worldwide.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan