Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking to recruit a Laboratory Technician for a multinational oil and gas corporation based in Hampshire. The post is an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively on a PAYE and Umbrella hourly basis.
Main Functions :
- Support / assist the lab supervisors / chemists by performing routine and non-routine laboratory analysis / wet chemistry on product and in-process samples, to support plant operations for the purpose of quality assurance / control.
- Perform calibration and maintenance of test equipment.
- Prepare samples and ensure accurate data generation and records, in accordance with the standard operating procedures.
- Utilize analytical instruments to address quality assurance/control issues.
- Prepare chemical stock solutions and reagents, as well as set preparation standards.
- Minimal work direction needed and is highly skilled and knowledgeable to the position.
Tasks and Responsibilities :
- Experience with LIMS to compile and enter all data obtained from tests
- Maintain a clean and safe lab by doing regular housekeeping and LPSAs (Loss Prevention Self Assessments)
- Participate in TMAs (Test Method Assessments) and LPOs (Loss Prevention Observations) to ensure correct and safe test procedures
- Prepare laboratory equipment to conduct test
- Troubleshoot machines and/or redo analyses when tests are OCC - out of control
- Perform various tests on different Fuel type, jet fuel, Gasoline and Diesel to ensure it is ready for downstream products.
Skills and Qualifications :
- Polytechnic graduate with the background in Chemical / Process / Technical Engineering.
- Computer literate.
- Preferable experience in quality control systems.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan