Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking to recruit a Laboratory Environmental Technician & Laboratory Shift Technicians for a multinational oil and gas corporation based in Hampshire. The post is an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively on a PAYE and Umbrella hourly basis.
Main Functions :
- Support / assist the lab supervisors / chemists by performing routine and non-routine laboratory analysis / wet chemistry on product and in-process samples, to support plant operations for the purpose of quality assurance / control.
- Perform calibration and maintenance of test equipment.
- Prepare samples and ensure accurate data generation and records, in accordance with the standard operating procedures.
- Utilize analytical instruments to address quality assurance/control issues.
- Prepare chemical stock solutions and reagents, as well as set preparation standards.
- Minimal work direction needed and is highly skilled and knowledgeable to the position.
General Overview (Shift Laboratory Technician) :
To provide a service to Site to measure and report the quality of finished product, plant streams, and imports. The service must be flexible to ensure that the laboratory resources are utilised to meet the Site priorities in terms of workload and speed of sample turnaround.
It is the aim of the laboratory to provide high quality data to the Site and other customers. In order to achieve this, all testing and reporting must be done in accordance with documented procedures, which are the backbone of our quality assurance system and support the laboratory in meeting its Quality Objectives.
The complexity of the testing requirements, necessitate the splitting of the Laboratory into a number of distinct areas. It is necessary for the Shift Laboratory technicians to maintain a thorough knowledge of all areas, in which they are trained, in order to operate in an efficient and flexible manner.
General Overview (Laboratory Environmental Technician) :
The Laboratory Environmental Technician provides a service to the Refinery Environmental and Public Relations organisation. The position is required in order to provide routine testing and technical support to environmental department on analytical and investigative requirements. In addition the Day technician is involved in routine and specialised testing outside the normal scope of the Shift Technicians. The service is flexible to ensure that the laboratory resources are utilised to meet the refinery priorities in terms of workload and speed of sample turnaround.
The role also provides a technical service to the site safety, health and environmental functions by calibrating, operating and maintaining the instruments and equipment in a status acceptable to EMBSI and the HSE.
It is the aim of the laboratory to provide high quality data to the Refinery and other customers. In order to achieve this, all testing and reporting must be done in accordance with documented procedures, which are the backbone of our quality assurance system and support the laboratory in meeting its Quality Objectives.
Skills and Qualifications :
- Polytechnic graduate with the background in Chemical / Process / Technical Engineering, or the Line Manager is happy to consider candidates with a degree who have not yet worked in a Laboratory.
- Computer literate.
- Preferable experience in quality control systems.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan