Industrial Means & Tooling Engineer
Contract details: 6 months (inside IR35) with probable extension after the initial contract duration
Pay rate: £32.00 per hour Umbrella OR £23.92 per hour PAYE
Belcan Workforce Solutions are working with one of the leading developers of spacecraft structures and Planetary Surface Robotics in the U.K to find an Industrial Means & Tooling Engineer to support the convert requirements into hardware, ensuring safety, legal and company specifications are followed and met.
You will work closely with out Assembly, Integration & Test (AIT) Engineering teams to ensure requirements are fully understood; communicate effectively with counterparts in other product groups/business units, peers, and managers to share expertise; and support junior engineers and subcontractors, including coaching and mentoring where appropriate.
You will also help to influence design teams and offer production advice and preferences to ensure design for manufacture (DFM) is upheld; and support to project and quality groups offering technical advice as necessary.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Definition, design and supply of Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE) and tooling for the manufacture, test and delivery of satellite/spacecraft structures.
- Provision of estimates and schedules and thereafter the control of the design, structural analysis, supplier selection, manufacturing reviews and acceptance/qualification testing.
- Create of technical documents to ensure the manufacture, testing and safe usage of MGSE to company standards.
- Deliver multiple tasks to set time frames with minimal supervision.
- Deliver MGSE and Tooling to project on Quality, Cost & Schedule.
- Suggest process improvements considering business benefits and take responsibility for implementing improvements.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable experience in a manufacturing-based design engineering role.
- Time served engineering apprenticeship or equivalent qualifications.
- Experience dealing with customers and suppliers.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experienced in technical documentation writing.
- Good understanding of HGSE/tooling manufacture and design philosophies (desirable).
Monday to Friday days - occasional opportunity for extra hours mid-week.
Occasional travel to other UK sites and supplier premises.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to complete BPSS clearance via the organisation before commencement of the contract.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan