An excellent opportunity for an experienced HSE Advisor has arisen onsite with one of our clients, a world leader within many key industries.
What will you do in this position?
In this position you will be responsible for leading the HSE team to ensure compliance with all regulations regarding the health and safety of people and the environment. Provide support and guidance to operational areas in accordance with the defined Company Management System requirements.
- Lead and develop the HSE team in conjunction with creating a strong HSE culture within the company
- Developing the competence of personnel in health and safety through training and support
- Managing and developing internal and external stakeholder relationships with regards to HSE matters
- Disseminating experience and knowledge within operational work sites
- Ensure HSE support is provided to operational worksites, Co-ordinating with team members to audit customer sites in a timely, effective manner
- Engaging and developing relationships with Customer HSE experts and engaging in audit processes.
- Being an active and visible member of the team by spending time on Customer sites
- Working with Operational Management to enable them to take ownership and deliver HSE 'through the line'
- Developing and facilitating HSE Governance to engage Operational Management in the development and deployment of HSE excellence
- Monitor changes in legislation, Codes of Practice and Industry Standards, guidance and initiatives. Recommend appropriate changes to the Combined
- Management System (CMS) and Improvement Programmes to ensure continued compliance and promote continuous improvement
- Provide technical support to Operations to ensure all hazards associated with the Group or individual Company activities are identified, that risks to health,
- Safety and the environment are assessed and that suitable control measures are implemented, to reduce risks to as low as reasonably practicable
- Ensure full compliance with the CMS and maintenance of certification requirements
- Monitor the effectiveness of the accident/incident procedure and contribute to the investigation process to ensure root causes are established and appropriate
- actions are identified and closed out
- Manage the flow of HSE information to provide regular updates/ briefings to Management and Employees on new regulations, practices and initiatives
Experience & Qualifications
- Candidate should have experience in Auditing / Inspection , Incident Management & Investigation
- HSE Legislation and CDM Regulations Experience.
- Experience in Industrial Services Sector and Offshore Industry.
- Good knowledge on Improvement planning and Management System Standards
- NEBOSH diploma or equivalent, CMIOSH certification
The list of responsibilities and benefits are not exhaustive. Please send your CV and contact me straightaway if this role sounds like it could be your next career move and I will tell you all about it.
Founded in 1958, Belcan has become a global technological leader and established go to Engineering Services provider, working within many industries including Aerospace, Defence, Marine, Nuclear, Automotive and Cyber Security.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.