Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking to recruit Health Physics Surveyors for our client who are a leading supplier to the nuclear industry. The positions are based on an MoD establishment near Reading and are estimated 12 month contracts paying competitively on an hourly basis for a 40 hour week.
Successful applicants will be required to gain an SC Clearance if not already held. Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this position.
Our client requires experienced Health Physics Surveyors to work on a decommissioning projects. The successful candidates will be required to use/wear RPE, (Respirators and PBAS (Pressurised Breathing Air Suits) following the appropriate training.
- City & Guilds stage 1 Radiological Protection or NVQ equivalent
Role and Responsibilities
The Health Physics Surveyors will:
- Perform Health Physics Surveys (radiation and contamination) and complete Health Physics Survey Reports.
- Use/wear RPE, (Respirators and PBAS (Pressurised Breathing Air Suits) following the appropriate training.
- Undertake decontamination monitoring of PBAS workers.
- Maintain a register of sources and record daily checks and defects
- Make daily use of air sampling equipment.
- Undertake function checking of Health Physics survey equipment and report any defects noted to Health Physics Supervisor.
- Provide Health Physics coverage of operations as directed by Health Physics Supervisors.
- Undertake Health Physics reassurance survey and clearance of items removed from and between controlled areas.
- Maintain stocks of Respiratory Protective Equipment/Personal Protection Equipment.
- Maintain local rules applicable to controlled areas, dresser and barrier duties, including the organisation with laundering of clothing.
- Undertake instruction to trainee surveyors maintaining best practice.
- Undertake radiological coaching of staff with whom they work.
- Ensure that a Daily Log is completed.
- Participate in Pre-job briefs and post job reviews. Ability to follow processes and procedures accurately
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan