Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking to recruit Health & Safety Advisor to support Portfolio and Global projects through planning and execution for a Private Oil and Gas Company in Fife, Scotland. The post is initially for a 24 month contract and is paying competitively on a PAYE and Umbrella hourly basis for a 37.5 hour week.
This position has been deemed Inside of IR35.
Specific Job Requirements/Skills
- Performs daily field touches on project activities and monitoring of SHE compliance Provide LPSA awareness appreciation for SCP contracts Provide daily coaching and leadership by field interaction with UK ERPC personnel, contractors workers and supervisors
- Helps to resolve safety concerns Participates in tool box talks/job starts/start up/progress meetings
- Coordinates with site safety organisation to ensure alignment of initiatives, alerts and learnings to support consistency in risk management approaches across the business.
- Participate in risk analysis/hazard assessments.
- Participates in incident investigations, evaluation and follow up to support continual improvement as required by CM/PM Report monthly SHE performance including trend analysis.
- Work with Global projects and contractors to develop trends (positive & negative) from leading and lagging indicators.
- Maintains list of vulnerable persons working on projects and ensure mitigations/controls in place.
- Review and audit contractors safety procedures (using of LPS tools) Appraise contractors / subcontractors compliance with project SHE plan and in accordance with regulations/industry standards.
- Champion for LPS (companies Safety System) Interface with Area Project Safety Advisor and global network Member of the Project Safety CoP Provide advice on legislation, policies, procedures and best practice in relation to security, safety, health and environmental protection.
- Monitor implementation of agreed risk control measures and provide coaching and advise to support best practice.
- Attend and contribute to operational and functional meetings to provide advice and support on SHE matters.
- Champion, support and advise on risk management across all areas in accordance with client zero harm policy.
- Support development of risk assessments and working instructions.
- Develop and deliver briefings and guidance materials, support development of a positive culture.
- Coordinate and oversee the site induction process.
Skills and Qualifications
- Prefer college level education or equivalent
- Demonstrated work experience in construction safety-related positions (including some prior oil & gas experience)
- Knowledge of security processes and procedures
- Proficient in use of computers and programs such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Microsoft Office
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, as required to function effectively within a project team
- Prefer prior experience working in a multicultural / multilingual, emerging nation, environment
- Willingness to travel / live away from home for extended time periods
- Demonstrated ability (through past project successes) to deliver excellence in project SSHE performance Demonstrated ability to develop successful internal and external working relationships with emphasis on interfacing in a team environment
- Must be fit for duty for a construction field environment (examples include uneven, unpaved walking surfaces, large structures that are accessible only via ladders or stairs, standing for extended time periods, climbing, bending, walking, reaching, and other physical demands)
- Ability to work in harsh environments (examples include temperature and / or humidity extremes, remote locations with limited amenities) with changing priorities
- Ability to set priorities and work independently in performing contractor services with an appreciation for company processes and procedures
- No training will be provided (other than the company's specific safety standards and procedures)
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan