Belcan Workforce Solutions are currently looking for a Head of Internal Communications and Employee Engagement for a Defence establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 6-9 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain UK Security Clearance. Candidates should be willing and able to work in designated areas where the need arises.
The positions have been deemed Inside of IR35.
The position is to provide overall leadership and direction for Internal Communications & Engagement.
It will be directing, managing, and influencing the organisation-wide employee communications and engagement to build understanding of and commitment to the company's strategy and values.
The role has overall accountability for defining the strategic plan and delivery for employee communications and engagement to create the conditions in which our people contribute to organisational success whilst, at the same time, enhancing their own sense of engagement.
- Project Approach
- Reviewing and refreshing our internal communications
- Creating a communications strategy for the business
- Need a Strategic approach
- Delivering and writing business briefs
- Develop IC&E strategy fully aligned to the business and Corporate Communications strategies.
- Lead, manage and develop IC&E team with clear objectives and development, linked to the delivery of Corporate Communications objectives.
- Play an active role in leadership community, supporting and developing communications and engagement practices with them and providing expert advice to support leadership communications and engagement.
- Maintain 12-month rolling plan and message framework for business and change communications.
- Responsible for planning and delivering communications and engagement activities.
- Provide the company with an effective set of internal communications channels ensuring that corporate messages are understood and translated into behaviours.
- Deliver programmes which provide a line of sight for employees with the Corporate Strategy and the Values and Behaviours expected to deliver it.
- Oversee employee engagement survey and related actions.
- Oversee the development of measurement system to measure the impact of communications.
- Use measurement as the basis for driving continuous improvement in internal communications.
- Oversee the development of policies, processes, standards and guidelines to ensure the highest quality of contribution for the function consistently across TfL and in a way that drives value, eliminates duplication and improves productivity.
- Plan IC&E budget and manage IC&E activities within forecasts, ensuring best value for money.
Home working - yes this is an option - split onsite & home working
At the start the company will need onsite working to build relationships however they are looking at 25% onsite
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan