Are you a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Technician looking for a new Contract opportunity?
If so, Belcan Workforce Solutions has an exciting opportunity with a leading design, engineering and project delivery company at their client's site based near Reading.
This is a 3 - 6 month contract position and is full time with the possibility of extending depending on the client needs.
The role of the GIS Technician is to support the Client GIS Team through maintenance of the asset configuration baseline information within the corporate GIS System. This is an opportunity to join a diverse and interesting business, being based on a 'one of a kind' site in the UK, working on unique buildings.
What will we need from you?
To be successful in this role and to have the maximum impact on our client you will need to be able to:
- Identify shortfalls and gaps in datasets to proactively maintain the baseline
- Deliver GIS services to all client departments, including data management and cartographic production
- Undertake GIS data analysis and data exploitation
- Provision of technical geospatial and GIS support to end users
- Support GIS Operations Specialist where required
- Data capture utilising mobile GIS
Your Qualifications and Experience
- Qualification in GIS or relevant subject or equivalent and demonstrable experience in a working environment
- Knowledge / use of desktop GIS software (preferably ESRI ArcGIS)
- Knowledge of remote sensing data capture, data management, data analysis and application
- Understand, interpret and exploit geospatial data
- Managing data to a high level of configuration control
The nature of this opportunity means that you will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment so you must meet all the eligibility criteria to obtain UK Security Clearance.
The rate for this will reflect the scope and significance of the client in their sector.
If you think this could be a new and exciting career opportunity for you and you would like to learn more or just for an initial, no-obligation conversation please contact me on 07732 694 242 or you can apply directly by following the Apply Now link and I will contact you as soon as I receive your contact details.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan