Firmware Engineer x 2
Inside of IR35
Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking to recruit two Firmware Engineers for a Defence and Aerospace company in Portsmouth. The post is for an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Summary of the role:
We are looking for two experienced Firmware Engineers to join our client in Portsmouth. You will join their Modem team within the UK Delivery group.
You will help develop new features and performances for a Software-Defined Radio using System-on-a-Chip technology. While you will be initially focused upon use within a single satellite communications system, it is the intent that the techniques and technology that are developed will be reused to create a product that can be sold in multiple systems.
Because of this, the role has potential for long-term stability and will be central to an important product-line providing industry-leading products to the market. This position is an excellent platform for building a fulfilling career, with many options and scope for additional responsibilities through the life of the programme and products.
It is expected there will be a degree of learning during the course of the project and product. The team has a long tradition of supporting the development of its members, involving them in the development of the products and this is reflected by our client's very high levels of engagement.
Task and Accountabilities
- Design, implement and test the firmware elements of a product in response to requirements set by the systems team.
- Resolve technical needs, supporting the integration of this product into systems.
- Focus on embedded firmware (though we are willing to bring you up-to-speed if you have a willingness to learn this skill).
- Be open to learning and applying new skills, tools and technique.
- Comfortable designing, implementing and documenting Firmware to customer needs.
- Working knowledge of Xilinx FPGA technologies (including Vivado) and VHDL design lifecycle.
- Some experience with Matlab, Simulink of SysML or UML.
- Any experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment would be beneficial.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a basic disclosure certificate prior to commencement of the contract and once started will be subject to UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan