Belcan Technical Recruitment are currently looking to recruit three Field Service Engineer for our client who are an leading UK Automotive and Transport group based in Essex. This is a permanent contract and with a very competitive salary package.
The field service engineer is to be the subject matter expert and provide after sales product support to the full range of vehicles supporting the fleet, covering service, repairs, diagnostics and timely resolutions to very high standards in line with product support policies and Group terms and conditions of supply. Will be required to provide after sales support across the region covered by Thurrock service centre and on occasion provide additional cover in other areas as and when required.
Due to the nature of the product being supported by after sales, some of the initial training will be undertaken at the production facility, which will initially require working away from home.
May require occasional overnight away from home working at other times subject to reasonable notice.
Duties and Responsibilities
- All aspects of PSV maintenance, inspection, fault diagnostics and repairs at customers premises and if required, at Thurrock service centre. Utilising the latest available technical guides and documentation to effect cost effective and efficient repairs.
- The field service engineer is to liaise with customer, their call centre and parts staff to report defects, order required spares, to enable job completion in a timely fashion. Complete legible and accurate job write ups and reports, obtaining authorisation and signature from suitably authorised depot staff once work is completed and prior to leaving site.
- To scan fully completed job cards to Thurrock service centre for processing on the day of completion or as soon as possible thereafter.
- To actively partake in product training as and when required.
- To observe health and safety at all times, being aware of surroundings and local engineering requirements.
- Assist customer when required, with servicing / repairs to improve their product knowledge.
- Full driving licence + PSV licence
- Minimum City & Guilds level 3 vehicle maintenance or equivalent
- Excellent electrical and computer based diagnostic skills
- EV or Hybrid competence, including HV trained in relation to High voltage DC electrical systems
- Able to work on own initiative and unsupervised
- Able to follow verbal and written work instructions
- Good level of English language (written & spoken)
- Current CPC
- Knowledge of various EV drive systems
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.