Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking to recruit a Project Engineer for a multinational oil and gas corporation. The post is based at the West London / Purfleet Terminals with flexibility to move to other UK locations if required and is an estimated 6 month contract, paying competitively on a PAYE and Umbrella hourly basis.
This position has been deemed Inside of IR35.
- Performs engineering design evaluations and works to complete projects within budget and scheduling restraints.
- Reviews industry policies and procedures to ensure data accuracy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Reviews reports of production, malfunction, and maintenance to determine or address problems. Provides technical support for the engineering process.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Back up responsibilities for the Project Manager as required.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Participates in Invitation to Tender (ITT) development, bid evaluation and contractor selection
- Participates in identification & sourcing long lead equipment, assuring Front End Engineering Design (FEED) contractor support until equipment is assigned to the contractor
- Coordinates development Capital Project Management System
- Coordinates development of Functional Interaction Plan
- Coordinates project issues resolution process
- Coordinates change requests & endorses change authorization
- Responsible for the completion of the assigned work scope consistent with the Project Objectives Engages Project Team and functional resources to verify that the design & construction is consistent with project specifications & standards
- Serves as interface between Project Team & Contractor Ensures smooth transitions between project stages Leads Project Management Team (PMT) in applying Project Management Systems
Skills and Qualifications
- BS or MS degree in engineering field
- 20+ years" experience in multiple assignments in engineering, construction, and project management and controls activities
- Broad range of experience and skills through multiple function & project assignments (Multi-discipline skill set)
- Broad knowledge of design standards, specifications & work processes
- Strong leadership, influencing & interpersonal skills
- Strong organisation, coordination, planning & interface skills
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads & frequent changes in priorities
- Excellent communication skills & ability to read, write & speak fluent English
- Proficient in MS Office suite of software programs
- Main projects will be executed in West London and Purfleet terminals but there may be some requirement to work in other locations.
- Bias will be to field execution.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan