Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking for a Facility Engineer for a Defence establishment in Reading. The posts is for an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
You must hold current DV Clearance to apply for this position as the end customers projects are of an extremely high level of classification. Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this role.
The position has been deemed Outside of IR35.
- Demonstration of safe, effective and ethical working behaviours.
- Adherence to management system requirements for engineering activities.
- Delivery of engineering tasks to schedule, budget and quality requirements.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Apply domain and technical knowledge for design intent, as-built standards and system performance through life for engineered systems and structures.
- Interpret and deliver the requirements of issued tasks from the Asset Engineering Solutions order book (including troubleshooting, quoting, reporting, design, commissioning and handover as required), and make evidence based professional engineering decisions to solve technical problems within area of responsibility.
- Identify and escalate business risk arising from condition of engineered systems and structures.
- Demonstrate adherence to management system requirements and relevant technical standards.
- Engage with company delivery and administrative requirements; report own and team progress honestly and clearly, communicate in an engaging manner, support performance management.
- Optimise the delivery of Operations Engineering.
- Essential HNC/HND with suitable additional experience Incorporated Engineer equivalent
Desirable Accredited Honours degree or suitable equivalent
Key requirements and essential skills for the role:
- In addition to the required engineering skills, significant experience in nuclear industry, knowledge of nuclear facilities, periodic reviews of safety and licence conditions in particular LC15.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan