Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking for an Engineering Manager - Mechanical/Building Services for a Defence establishment in Reading. The posts is for an estimated 9 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
You must hold current SC/DV Clearance to apply for this position as the end customers projects are of an extremely high level of classification. Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this role.
The position has been deemed Outside of IR35.
Our client require an Engineer Manager to manage the design phases and support construction and commissioning phases of several projects, that relate to Building Services and Process Equipment Installation. Ideally, the candidate will have design background in a single discipline of either Electrical, Mechanical, Process, C&I, CS&A or general background in Building Services and has progressed into Engineering Management into the specific area of Design Management.
- Managing engineering solutions which fully comply with all the companies and UK legal requirements together with the company's business case needs.
- Establishing, maintaining and communicating the engineering design programme, budget and work breakdown structure.
- Agree with the Compliance Group the extent of processes required for the specification and verification of projects.
- Identifying and agreeing with HOD's and others as appropriate a comprehensive resource requirement for the engineering design of the project to budgetary targets.
- Establish and maintain (and deliver designs in accordance with) the Design Control Plans for projects.
- Ensuring project personnel undertaking engineering design duties meet the requirement to be Suitably Qualified and Experienced Persons.
- Monitoring the co-ordination of engineering design activities of all design houses and other suppliers of engineering design contributing to the projects.
- Monitoring Project Changes as they affect Engineering Design Delivery and the effect of these changes against the initial budget and programme.
- Contribute to integrated safety when reviewing engineering designs and ensure that all technical and design risks are identified and appropriately managed to meet project requirements and the letter and intent of the CDM Regulations, including discharging the designers role
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Qualifications required: Minimum qualification is HNC/HND through a relevant professional body in Engineering discipline but relevant experience would be considered
- Any discipline such as electrical, mechanical, HVAC, C&I, CS&A or process engineering.
- Good technical and management skills including problem solving and decision making.
- Good oral, written and presentational skills with a particular aptitude for report, documentation and letter writing.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to ensure effective communication to all levels to both internal and external personnel.
- Familiarity with standard office software including word processors, spreadsheets, e-mail, presentations and databases.
- Flexible working options could be considered for this role however this is not a part time position
- Home/remote working is an option but may change as government guidance changes
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan