Due to the nature of the work the successful candidates will need to be DV Cleared prior to starting.
The position has been deemed Inside of IR35.
This is an Engineering Design Management role and the candidate will need a Nuclear background and familiarity of Safety Cases.
Ensure that the Engineering Requirements are suitable and appropriate and advise the Senior Engineering Manage as such. Identify options, select the appropriate solution and provide the right facility design solutions such that, for allocated work packages, they: meet business needs and functional performance, through life performance, are licensable and are deliverable. Ensure the Design Intent and Design Information Configuration are maintained from facility design inception through to project handover.
- Provide the facility design solution.
- Deliver integrated facility designs, with appropriate safety documentation, in a proportionate manner.
- Assess the suitability of the facility design for the next phase of the lifecycle (e.g. tender; construction; commissioning; handover) and advise the Senior Engineering Manager.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Be the lead engineering representative on the project. Responsible for delivery in terms of quality, meeting requirements, safety, value for money and schedule. Be the main point of contact for all engineering matters on a project.
- Ensure that the Engineering Requirements are suitable & appropriate, and advise the Senior Engineering Manager.
- Recommend the budget and programme, to the Senior Engineering Manager, to deliver design.
- Assess the suitability of engineering design resources (both internal and external to AWE) to execute facility design. Ensure adequate competency and competency records.
- Lead, drive, communicate and deliver Facility Designs, with due regard to safety, quality, schedule, cost effectiveness and lifetime value for money.
- Maintain oversight of the facility design as it develops via routine reviews.
- Deliver, to the SEM, design solutions that meet business needs, functional performance, through life performance and is licensable and deliverable.
- Manage the Design Intent and Design Information Configuration from inception through to project handover.
- Provide functional support in identifying and implementing change, development and improvement.
- Assist the Head of Design Engineering in developing the Facility Design capability within the company, encompassing both Improvements and Resource skills development.
Qualifications required: HNC/D
Can part time or flexible working options could be considered for this role: Y-but need some details on what is proposed.
Is home/remote working an option? Yes, but some site attendance is required
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan