Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking for an Engineering Manager for a Defence establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 11 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain UK Security Clearance.
The position has been deemed Outside of IR35.
The ideal candidate will ensure that the Engineering Requirements are suitable and appropriate and advise the Senior Engineering Manager as such. Identify options, select the appropriate solution and provide the right facility design solutions such that, for allocated work packages, they: meet business needs and functional performance, through life performance, are licensable and are deliverable. Ensure the Design Intent and Design Information Configuration are maintained from facility design inception through to project handover.
- Provide the facility design solution.
- Deliver integrated facility designs, with appropriate safety documentation, in a proportionate manner.
- Assess the suitability of the facility design for the next phase of the lifecycle (e.g. tender; construction; commissioning; handover) and advise the Senior Engineering Manager.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality
- Be the lead engineering representative on the project. Responsible for delivery in terms of quality, meeting requirements, safety, value for money and schedule. Be the main point of contact for all engineering matters on a project.
- Ensure that the Engineering Requirements are suitable & appropriate, and advise the Senior Engineering Manager.
- Recommend the budget and programme, to the Senior Engineering Manager, to deliver design.
- Assess the suitability of engineering design resources to execute facility design. Ensure adequate competency and competency records.
- Lead, drive, communicate and deliver Facility Designs, with due regard to safety, quality, schedule, cost effectiveness and lifetime value for money.
- Maintain oversight of the facility design as it develops via routine reviews.
- Deliver, to the SEM, design solutions that meet business needs, functional performance, through life performance and is licensable and deliverable.
- Manage the Design Intent and Design Information Configuration from inception through to project handover.
- Provide functional support in identifying and implementing change, development and improvement.
- Assist the Head of Design Engineering in developing the Facility Design capability, encompassing both Improvements and Resource skills development.
Key requirement - A mechanical bias - preferably with experience with pressured systems.
Essential Qualification: HNC/D
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan