Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking for an Engineering Manager for a Defence establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain UK Security Clearance.
The position has been deemed Outside of IR35.
To ensure that the Engineering Requirements are suitable and appropriate and advise the Senior Engineering Manager as such. Identify options, select the appropriate solution and provide the right facility design solutions such that, for allocated work packages, they: meet business needs and functional performance, through life performance, are licensable and are deliverable. Ensure the Design Intent and Design Information Configuration are maintained from facility design inception through to project handover.
Key requirements and essential skills for the role
- Strong knowledge of Mechanical Engineering and good awareness of EC&I aspects
- Experience of managing a small multi-discipline technical team to deliver engineering solutions
- Able to work autonomously with little guidance
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Understands configuration control & managing design change
- Experience of managing suppliers under standard contracting mechanisms such as NEC
- Proven experience of working with commissioning teams to deliver solutions to issues that arise during testing
- Provide the facility design solution.
- Deliver integrated facility designs, with appropriate safety documentation, in a proportionate manner.
- Assess the suitability of the facility design for the next phase of the lifecycle (e.g. tender; construction; commissioning; handover) and advise the Senior Engineering Manager
- Be the lead engineering representative on the project. Responsible for delivery in terms of quality, meeting requirements, safety, value for money and schedule. Be the main point of contact for all engineering matters on a project.
- Ensure that the Engineering Requirements are suitable & appropriate, and advise the Senior Engineering Manager.
- Recommend the budget and programme, to the Senior Engineering Manager, to deliver design.
- Assess the suitability of engineering design resources (both internal and external to the client) to execute facility design. Ensure adequate competency and competency records.
- Lead, drive, communicate and deliver Facility Designs, with due regard to safety, quality, schedule, cost effectiveness and lifetime value for money.
- Maintain oversight of the facility design as it develops via routine reviews.
- Deliver, to the SEM, design solutions that meet business needs, functional performance, through life performance and is licensable and deliverable.
Essential Qualifications - HNC/D.
Can part time or flexible working options could be considered for this role: Role is simple to conduct from offsite however site attendance at approximately 25% would be required
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan