Belcan Workforce Solutions are currently looking for a Electronics Engineer to work for our Defence & Military client based in Aberdeen.
To provide engineering design solutions and through life engineering support to the client product range. The workload can vary from new product design to meet client or internal specifications through to supporting an existing client's request to upgrade or change equipment in the field.
- Provide engineering support to the existing product range
- Provide engineering design input to new products
- Assess technical queries and provide engineering solutions to a wide ranging products portfolio
- Liaise with internal departments such as sales, procurement and production to ensure the best technical solution is provided in all instances
- Sourcing suitable components and materials when required
- Creation of part numbers and bill of materials
- Creation of engineering documentation such as specifications, proposals, assembly instructions, test procedures, certification and reports
- Checking detailed manufacturing drawings and documentation
- Ensuring engineering solutions are provided on time and on budget
- Adherence to engineering and company standards and processes
- Site visits to other offices and client assets as and when required
- Accountability and responsibility as technical checker of drawings and documentation generated in support of the Electronics Engineer role.
- Compliance to internal and external standards & regulations
You will have proven electrical / electronic design skills with experience of circuit design for embedded systems (STM32 or similar ). You will also have Experience writing embedded software (STM IDE or similar with knowledge of electronic systems and designing for EMC compliance.
As our Electronics Engineer you will have knowledge of PCB schematic capture using software such as Altium Designer or working with external design bureaus to generate layouts/gerbers.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.