Electrical Engineer - UK Hybrid with trips to Bristol.
Due to an increased number of projects, Belcan are looking for a Contract Electrical Engineer for an initial 12 month contract starting in 2023 - Outside IR35, to assist the existing engineering team with brownfield design solutions for upgrades to an existing site in the UK. The role is hybrid, with a mix of home and office based working for design, project design coordination and design review.
The specific project involves updating fuel storage infrastructure at a UK site with replacement equipment which will place new demands on the existing site infrastructure. The client requires a complete new electrical design to latest standards, which may require a new 11 KV cable / transformer / distribution board and UPS or documented proof that there is spare capacity in the existing supplies. There will also be a requirement for new panels, cables, lighting, etc. The scope is limited to FEED and detailed design, plus interaction with the principal contractor to answer queries. As well as this main project there will be assistance given to other existing brownfield modification projects.
Typical activities include:
- Design Review
- Basis of Design and Philosophies
- Load List
- Cable calculations, schedule, and drawings
- MCC panel design
- Junction Box schedule and drawings
- Equipment specification and data sheets
- IS, Heat, and Power calculations
- Lighting, Small Power, and Telecom design
- SLD and Electrical Distribution design
- Responsible for electrical aspects of project delivery including technical and quality compliance
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Technical qualification to HND or Degree level (e.g. Electrical Engineering) or equivalent experience
- Good Electrical Engineering experience within the Oil & Gas, LNG, Petrochemicals, Cryogenic Pipeline, Process or Gas Compression domains
- Experience on Top Tier COMAH sites
- Basic experience of Mechanical and C&I engineering disciplines.
- Experienced in working to CDM regulations.
- Ability to draw on a range of project management skills, tools and approaches.
- City & Guilds Wiring Regs certified (2381, 2382)
- Experience in Electrical system modelling software such as Amtech / ProDesign
- HV knowledge is desirable but not essential.
Belcan Advanced Solutions is a specialist engineering consultancy providing electrical, process, mechanical, control & instrumentation engineering, technical safety services, and OT cyber security consultancy services. Founded in 2008 we are a team of high calibre engineers and have a passion for combining engineering and innovation. Belcan Advanced Solutions is part of Belcan, an international engineering firm founded over 60 years ago, serving customers in over 60 locations worldwide.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan