Document Services Operative
Contract Type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Length of Contract: 12 Months
Hours per Week: 37.5 (Monday to Friday, 8.00am - 4.30pm)
Location: Raynesway, Derby
Salary: £21,105 - £22,218 per annum (Pro rata)
Job Purpose & Summary:
Belcan Workforce Solutions are working with a leading technology company to recruit ana Document Services Operative. The company offers a comprehensive portfolio of managed services and technology across information and document management, business process outsourcing and managed workforce services. This position is to join a team of Service Co-Ordinators providing Information Management Services to its client in Derby. However, the role may also require travel to other client sites in and around Derby.
You will be required to effectively manage business critical information for our client, supporting requests to create, manage and distribute business information - often operating to tight deadlines in line with established and stringent workflow processes and systems.
Working as part of the Information Management Services team, the Document Services Operative will be supporting an archiving project in which the client requires a large quantity of documentation to be digitised and fed into the clients document management system. Full training will be given, however previous experience of using document scanners, document management systems and data entry would prove beneficial.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Follow established guidelines and procedures for receiving, documenting, scanning & indexing, retrieving, and archiving customer documents.
- Develop good relationships and effective communication with both customers and staff.
- To complete various forms of scanning, including flatbed and automatic document feeder, complete preparatory work for scanning and complete sortation of documents.
- Ensure scanning is carried out with 100% accuracy, and within customer SLAs. Undertake quality checking of documents to ensure complete accuracy and record any 'near-misses' or actual errors in accordance with site non-conformance reporting procedure.
- Index documents with correct categorisation information, and intelligently search through customer data to ensure 100% accuracy. You operate methodically, with a keen eye for detail.
- Ensure quality control of documents entered into document management system, including appropriate indexing and optimum resolution of scans.
- Ensure that hard copy documents are stored appropriately, and in an organized manner with a clear audit and archiving trail.
- Ensure that the Team Leader is regularly informed of work progress and highlight issues or improvement opportunities.
- Always maintain good housekeeping and a tidy environment. Comply with site Health and Safety regulations.
- Undertake any admin and secretarial duties as requested by line management
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- IT Proficient - accurate keyboard & computer skills, and a working knowledge of MS Office, including Microsoft Excel. Full user training will be given
- Good written English and numeracy skills.
- High level of attention to detail
- Good Communication skills
- Strong Customer Service skills required
Incentive (Bonus): £350 per annum (Pro rata)
- Pay - Competitive salaries that are regularly benchmarked against similar roles and reviewed annually.
- Bonus - A discretionary bonus scheme that rewards you as you help us achieve our goals.
- Learning & Development - As a Company that encourages continuous learning you will always have resources and support available.
- Work & Home Life Balance - We support with a minimum of 25 days holiday per year, holiday purchase and a flexible working policy.
- Diversity - We are an organisation that delivers on a global scale, striving to create a diverse and empowered workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
- Health & Wellbeing - Free private healthcare, an Employee Assistance Programme, partnership with Mental Health First Aid UK with a network of mental health champions and discounted rates to Nuffield Health Gym.
- Employee discount - Up to 38% off our products.
- Other Benefits - Generous Pension, Award Scheme, Discount cards, Cycle to Work scheme and charity volunteer days.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan