Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking to recruit a Document Controller for our client who are an leading UK construction and regeneration group based on our clients site near Reading. The post is an initial 6 month renewable contract and paying competitively on an hourly basis for a 40 hour week.
This position has been deemed Inside of IR35.
If not already held, the successful candidate will need to gain an SC Clearance for this position as the end customers projects are of an extremely high level of classification. Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this role.
About the Role
Within this role you will operate document control processes and procedures that have been implemented and to ensure the control of all project documents, including creation, retention, and revision control is compliant and effective.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Provide support to the Senior Document Controller
- Ability to produce reports about the various document control inboxes.
- Operate the document control process appropriate for each category and classification of document/ drawing to ensure effective creation, control, management, recovery and change revision control.
- Carry out routine document control activities for the company, including document release and publishing, query handling, management of transmittals, copying, scanning and library management. All in line with the Document Distribution Matrix (DDM)
- Provide support with regard to document numbering, the application of metadata, and ability to work with Document Management Systems (DMS) and on the document control procedures to be followed.
- Maintenance and checking for accuracy of existing document records.
- Support to departments in the issue receipt and tracking of all documentation both electronically and in hardcopy where applicable.
Skills & Experience
- Ability to demonstrate a proven track record of document control experience
- Technical knowledge of Document Management Systems (DMS).
- Understanding of British Standards, legislation, license condition requirements.
- Understanding of government legislation in relation to data protection and copyright law
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan