Belcan Workforce Solutions has a great opportunity for a Document Controller to join our expanding on-site UK team for a major and prestigious scientific and pharmaceutical giant based in Cambridge.
The main purpose of the role is to be responsible for providing Facilities Management with key asset information to support business operations and compliance. The role requires expert knowledge of document control and the ability to convert this knowledge and experience into customer focused based solutions. This involves being part of a wider information management team who are responsible for capturing, collating, recording and updating of asset information across the FM portfolio. The role requires significant contact with other FM partner suppliers and project organisations. The focus is on providing a professional, consistent and reliable asset information management service to record, manage and provide information in the most efficient and effective way.
Reporting to the Document Control Team Leader you will provide critical technical support to Facilities Management/Site Engineering in the creation, development, modification and management of building/site documents and records, administration of the EDMS system and databases in-line with company procedures and standards.
- Develop a good working relationship with the project teams, engineers and service providers
- Ensure the compliance of all engineering documentation within the companies FDA compliant, validated Electronic Drawing/Document Management System.
- Adhere to the correct procedures/processes/standards and utilize in-house systems to ensure that the Asset Information is collated, updated and maintained in the most efficient manner across these systems.
- To use own initiative to anticipate and prepare for specific opportunities/problems and act quickly and decisively to reach satisfactory resolutions.
- Motivate and assist in the development of team members to maximise their contribution to the Business.
- Work closely with all products and service groups in AIT to deliver asset information to user groups.
- Support and work closely with all service elements of the Asset Information Team to deliver information in an easy to use or understand format through all environments.
- Provide support and guidance to project stakeholders regarding content, classification and submission of documentation.
- Conduct project kick-off meetings to create the asset information deliverables list
- Report on progress against project key dates
- Chase suppliers for information
- Attend project meetings and report on progress/issues
- Load information in to the relevant system
- Check drawings are to standard
- Issue information to the project on request
- Progress and chase outstanding change controls
- Planning activities
- Technical support
Must Have Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experiences
- Strong IT skills supported by excellent knowledge of MS Office suite
- You will work in a structured way with good attention to detail and the ability to prioritise your work
- You will have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to work collaboratively with a range of colleagues, customers and stakeholders
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels
- Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) familiarity
- Database management familiarity
- Understanding of change, revision control, document status
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.