Digital Project Integrator
Contract duration: 12 months (Inside IR35)
Work type: Hybrid (60% on site, 40% work from home)
Hourly rate: £36.16 Umbrella OR £27.33 PAYE
Belcan Workforce Solutions are working with the world's leading Aircraft manufacturer to find a Digital Project Integrator to work on an exciting new Wing project.
The Broughton plant provides the wings for around half of all aircraft deliveries across the world each year, making this an exciting opportunity to showcase and develop your skills within an established (and still growing) organisation.
This position falls within a team that focusses on IM and digital systems and software solutions for digital manufacturing. The teams' mission is to seek, define, develop, and deploy world class and pioneering digital capabilities that systematically improve the way the company works, securing value creation and improvement in productivity. These solutions must deliver digital capabilities that can be demonstrated quickly before being scaled quickly in other areas of the business
The Ideal Candidate
Our client is seeking a highly motivated, results driven individual who can demonstrate appropriate experience of delivering and strategizing for Digitalisation projects in a challenging industrial research environment. The successful candidate must be able to integrate corporate strategy, capture end user requirements and influence senior managers and partner organisations. This role requires somebody who has the experience and vision to support the delivery of innovative digitalisation technologies that include the development of best-in-class hardware and software solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the definition, planning and delivery of Wing Digitalisation projects in domains for simulation, digital mock up, PLM, MES, network architecture, data management, visualisation, and operational technologies.
- As part of the Digitalisation team, you will be accountable and responsible for the delivery of strategies for the application and synergy of digital tool sets related to simulation and architecture in line with the central digital Design Manufacturing Services strategies.
- Contribute to industrial research in various areas of digital manufacturing, becoming a domain expert in your areas of responsibility in order to advise on and deliver the best solutions.
- Lead a government funded project from a company perspective, working closely with partner organisations to achieve mutual research goals in the areas of digitalisation and sustainability.
- Stakeholder management of functional owners and transnational representatives within OMI in relation to Digitalisation deliverables.
- Deployment of SAFe (Agile) for all improvement projects including provision of associated AOP budget & CapEx requirements.
- Delivery of Earned Value Milestones (EVMs) throughout the year in alignment with the delivery plan.
- Manage (arbitrate and synchronize) digital portfolio (business continuity and transformation) for complete local operations scope with focus on developing the functional, data, application and technology architectures.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Degree Level in Aerospace Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Computer Science though equivalent experience will be considered.
- Prior knowledge of network architecture, connectivity, and manufacturing technologies.
- Prior knowledge of simulation, digital systems, and process development - Experience as a Product Owner (SAFe Agile) and their responsibilities within an Agile Release Train.
- Experience collaborating with external parties in order to deliver solutions to meet business requirements.
- Experience in managing individuals and projects (planning, delivery, risk management and financial control).
- Sensitivity to customer needs and possessing excellent Stakeholder Management & Influencing Skills with all levels of business.
- Demonstrated innovative thinking from project scoping through to implementation.
- Experience with 3DExperience, computer-aided design, computer-aided manufacturing, computer-aided engineering including Digital Mock Ups.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of computer programming languages such as Java, C#, C++, SQL, Google Apps Script or Python.
- Previous experience in an operational environment.
- Fluency to a negotiation level in another language.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to complete BPSS clearance via the organisation before commencement of the contract.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan