Belcan Workforce Solutions are currently looking for a DevelopmentEngineer for a Automotive Company based in Peterborough, UK.
Within our Industrial Power Systems Division (IPSD), Component Engineering are responsible for mechanical design and development of engine design for engines up to 7 litres which are used in a range of machine platforms. The successful applicant for this position will join the Component Engineering department and will take responsibility for the development activities of aftertreatment components and systems for our brand engine ranges, designed and manufactured by the Industrial Power Systems Division.
Each project offers the opportunity to work on the design and development of engines intended to meet the latest emissions legislation, with world-class levels of quality and reliability. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Ideal candidates would have a development and component ownership experience, knowledge of IC engines and be able to plan and execute challenging tasks/projects with minimal supervision.
Key skills to be developed at this level are data extraction/analysis, failure analysis and problem solving, application of simulation tools and methods, and practical application of theory and concepts.
BACKGROUND/EXPERIENCE: Requires a bachelor's degree in an accredited Engineering, Computer
Science, or Materials Science curriculum plus 3-5 years of experience. Incumbents must have demonstrated excellent analytical skills and the ability to perform complex assignments. Requires a self-starter with strong technical leadership skills. Must have the ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well employees in other units, customers, and suppliers.
Candidates should be experienced in performing at least several of the below:
- Execution of Exhaust Aftertreatment & Diesel Emission Fluid (DEF) System validation activities.
- New product development technical issue resolution.
- Conducting FMEA on components and systems to identify and address design risks and determine validation needs.
- Working with the validation team to plan and execute validation tests.
- Conducting component and system design reviews to obtain 'buy-in' from the business to selected components, designs and suppliers.
- Keeping peers, team leader and management up to date with progress against planned activities.
- Support of test and field issues, diagnose issues to root cause, put in place containment actions, and develop permanent corrective actions. Work with suppliers and keep stakeholders informed of progress and decisions.
Through this role, the successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to take part in, and have significant responsibility for, the end-to-end design/development process for engine components and systems. This gives our employees true product ownership and the opportunity to see their products through to volume production.
- Customer focus
- Initiating action
- Good problem-solving and analysis skills
- High work standards
- Good planning and organisational skills
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Strong applied technical background mechanical, electronic, electrical, or automotive engineering
- Good understanding of Manufacturing principles & processes
- Development experience of mechanical components and systems, including both rig and complete system testing.
- Self-motivation and an ability to manage and deliver tasks to meet established commitments.
- Excellent communications skills & Teamwork
- Knowledge of engine systems
- Prior Exhaust Aftertreatment & DEF System development and validation experience
- Exhaust Aftertreatment & DEF System componentry and potential failure modes
- Exhaust Aftertreatment system function & Exhaust Gas conversion fundamentals
- 8D problem solving, Creation and Maintenance of DVPs and FMEAs
- Experience of running and participating in FMEA
- New design development following the APQP methodology
- Familiarity with Microsoft O365 applications, including Teams
- Familiarity with Teamcenter data management software
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan