Belcan Technical Recruitment are currently looking to recruit a Design Engineer for our client who is a world leader in construction and mining equipment based in Desford/ Leicestershire for an estimated 6 months contract with the possibility of longer term work and are paying competitively on a hourly basis.
We have an open vacancy for an agency worker to join us in a Design Engineer / Detailer role, as part of the global technical team responsible for Backhoe Loader Current Production design and development within the Building and Construction Products Division in Leicester, UK.
As a Design Engineer you will be responsible for the design and detailing of components and assemblies. Your work could involve the following areas:
Structures: welded steel fabrications and castings, pins and bearings, bolted joints
Engine installation: engine & after treatment mounting, cooling system, moulded hose design, exhaust system
Platform and lines: hydraulic hose routings and lines groups, light fabrications, castings, non-metallics and a variety of other installations.
You will demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and determination to resolve issues while maintaining high quality standards in both design and component detailing, ensuring designs are validated to meet functional and technical requirements while maintaining focus on product cost. In order to do this, you will be experienced in solid modelling (ideally CREO), geometric tolerancing and engineering data management systems. The ability to work in a hands-on environment for issue resolution and design development is strongly desired. You will need to have strong communication and collaboration skills to enable cross functional development with the likes of Manufacturing Engineering, Supplier Development Engineers and component suppliers. Prior experience with off highway machinery would be beneficial.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- CAD Design of components and assemblies in CREO.
- Completion of component and group drawings.
- Participating in Design Reviews, FMEA's
- Management of engineering changes through life cycle management.
- Collaborating with suppliers and internal teams
- Collaborating with other engineers and technical resources to address detailed technical problems.
- Virtual collaboration with global engineering and manufacturing teams.
- Working with design resources and suppliers to rapidly implement design changes.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan