Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking to recruit a Design Engineer for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is an estimated 12 month contract initially and is paying competitively on an hourly basis
Ideally you must hold current SC/DV Clearance to apply for this position as the end customers projects are of an extremely high level of classification. Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this role.
The position has been deemed Inside of IR35.
- To conduct engineering assessments of existing nuclear high hazard facilities as part of an Integrated Project Team (IPT) undertaking a Periodic Review of Safety (PRS)
- Maintain an understanding of the relevant legislation, standards and documentation associated with the design of "insert discipline" design and delivery.
- Maintain high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality.
- Carry out engineering assessment and optioneering activities in accordance with the authorised Corporate and Engineering Design Substantiation (EDS) processes and procedures.
- Interpretation of the Specific Safety Functional Requirements (SSFRs) against the relevant Structures, Systems and Components (SSCs).
- Assessment of SSCs against the SSFRs, Modern Standards and Continued Operations.
- Presentation of the results of the EDS assessments: In the format and to a standard specified within the authorised Corporate/EDS processes and procedures for a Design Assessment Report (DAR)
- Technical review of DARs produced by others
- Engineering input into the Shortfall management and Optioneering processes
- Liaison with Facility Engineering and Facility Safety Case Teams
- Producing engineering reports as directed by the EM
- Support production of technical specifications for outsourced work packages.
- Provide tasking information to the Engineering Manager to support project planning.
- Prepare and lead Design Reviews
- Liaison with the appropriate Design and Technical Authorities, to address issues arising from the formal review of those assessments
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan