Cyber Security Systems Engineer
Belcan is hiring Cyber Security Systems Engineer , this opportunity is important to the client's growth strategy of providing high quality engineering and project services to their clients.
A Cyber Security Systems Engineer is required to be a committed and enthusiastic member of the team, taking full responsibility for successful technical delivery and cyber security management of a complete project solution to the agreed scope in accordance with company procedures whilst meeting budgetary and time-scale targets.
The Engineer should work co-operatively with the Project Manager and engineering team to ensure smooth project progress in accordance with the agreed project lifecycle.
- Cyber Security Systems Engineer will be responsible for the technical delivery of cyber security elements within automation projects and work closely with Project Manager in all aspects of project related cyber security technical delivery and scope management
- Should be able to allocate tasks to the engineering team and monitor progress and ensure project adherence to company quality processes and procedures is met.
- Responsible for meeting the technical and quality requirements of projects
- Identify project opportunities and variations
- Support the Project Manager in identifying and managing cyber security delivery risks and issues
- Identify and enable use of reusable modules by standardisation and modularization of systems where appropriate
- Prototyping of new technologies, Training planning and support, mentoring of Engineers
The following experience is essential:
- A Degree or HND/HNC in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Control Systems or relevant discipline
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- GICSP (Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional)/Chartered Engineer or working towards professional registration
- Previous experience of management, implementation, testing and commissioning security solutions in an Operational Technology environment.
- Understanding of the OSI Network Model/TCP/IP Model
- Detailed experience of the full project life cycle from system specification through design, development, testing and on-site commissioning is essential
- Hands on experience of Solar winds monitoring system including: Network Performance Monitor, Network Traffic Analyser, Software Application Manager and Log Analyser
- Hands on experience of network design and implementation using Cisco industrial portfolio of network switch products.
- Hands on experience of firewall design and implementation using Cisco FirePower Technology, IDS/IPS design and implementation using Cisco FirePower Technology, HIDS/HIPS design and implementation using McAfee MVison Technology, definition and implementation of Microsoft Active Directory, including GPO's in a Windows Server Operating Systems, definition and implementation of endpoint security in Windows Desktop Operating Systems, VMWare ESXi, including configuration and environment security.
- Security Practitioner using the IEC62443 family of standards, with particular focus on:
- Risk Assessment, Vulnerability & Threat Management, Patch Management, Device Hardening and understanding of industrial communication protocols.
- PLC & SCADA systems (desirable).
Successful applicants must meet eligibility requirements to obtain UK Security Clearance.
If this could be of interest to you, apply using the link below!
Founded in 1958, Belcan has become a global technological leader and established go to Engineering Services provider, working within many industries including Aerospace, Defence, Marine, Nuclear, Automotive and Cyber Security.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.