Cyber Security Engineer - Inside IR35
Sitec - a Belcan company have a fantastic 6 month contract opportunity for a Cyber Security Engineer to join our client, a multinational Aerospace corporation based in Corsham.
Our client provides a global cyber defence approach that aims to protect, detect and respond to cyber threats with a portfolio including managed security services, industrial control system offerings, encryption, key management and consultancy services.
The role of the Engineer is to be an escalation point for all SOC operational engineering activity. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining all the SOC Equipment including IPS, Firewalls and the SIEM solution.
You will be required to mentor/oversee members of the SOC Engineering team ensuring all SOC operational tasks are completed on time and work tickets updated/closed with satisfactory technical details included.
Main Tasks will include:
- Support SOC Engineers & Analyst activity
- Escalation Point for all technical issues
- Supports change & release management activity
- Ensure scheduled maintenance is approved & delivered within SLA's
- Delivers customer on boarding activity
- Toolset availability and capacity management review and escalation
- Maintain currency in security concepts, tools and best practices
Required Skills & Experience:
- Good knowledge of multiple SOC tooling including IDPS/Firewalls/SIEM etc
- Excellent understanding of network technologies
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot and fault find technical issues
- Good understanding of Cisco technologies including routing and switching
- Demonstrate an understanding of implementing and fault finding Firewall technologies including Cisco ASA firewalls
- Scripting and programming
- You will be expected to be able to present and write professional reports to key stakeholders
- All staff are expected to exercise good time management and work as part of a team
You must hold current DV Clearance to apply for this position as the end customers projects are of an extremely high level of classification. Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this role.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan