Customer Liaison Engineer
Belcan are looking for a Customer Liaison Engineer to join our growing Team in Cheltenham. The Customer Liaison Engineer role is integral to the relationship with our key strategic customer as well as ensuring productivity of our Engineering Team. The successful candidate will work closely with business managers, team leads and engineers on a variety of our Clients projects within the Aerospace industry to ensure delivery against the project budget, schedule and co-ordination activities are properly managed.
The Customer Liaison Engineer will build strong relationships with customer accounts to enable them to understand their needs and then to offer a tailored strategic engineering solution for them. They will then build on those relationships to generate new leads and grow business with the client's other areas.
- Daily client interaction delivering excellent customer service
- Support service based projects fully as key customer interface
- Manage the delivery, scope and schedule of a remote subcontract team
- Determination of Tasks and their pricing
- Generate and develop project and sales opportunities with client
- Development of sales opportunities across account
- Price and deliver opportunities on time
- General administration where required for things such timekeeping, security badges and access
- Working across the account to help Belcan meet financial targets and objectives
- Manage the delivery of the SLA
- Contribute to Continuous Improvement process
- Previous client liaison / management - essential
- Previous experience of managing Subcontract personnel - desired
- Minimum HNC in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience - desired
- Previous experience of either sales or account management - desirable
- Project or similar Financial Management - desirable
- Experience of Test Systems - desirable
This role would suit either an Engineer who is looking to widen their career into sales without losing a technical input or a Sales Engineer looking to get more technical input in their career.
Remuneration and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Company Pension
- Perk Box
- Salary Sacrifice
- Life Assurance
- Training and Career Development
Due to the nature of the work, successful applicants must meet eligibility requirements to obtain UK Security Clearance
Founded in 1958, Belcan has become a global technological leader and established go to Engineering Services provider, working within many industries including Aerospace, Defence, Marine, Nuclear, Automotive and Cyber Security with over 10,000 professionals serving hundreds of customers in over 60 locations worldwide.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.