Belcan Workforce Solutions have an exciting opportunity for a Control / Applications Engineer to join our client who are a multinational oil and gas corporation at their site based in Mossorran, Fife.
This is a full time 9 month contract site based position.
The ideal candidate will develop, install, and sustain process applications in pursuit of Automation objectives. Application Engineers contribute to all stages of asset development and operation, inclusive of support to technology commercialisation. Individual roles are structured to build professional foundation and promote rapid skill development while contributing to the business.
You will work effectively with partners and contractors in pursuit of efforts on the projects and assets they support to aid project development from concept selection through commissioning and start-up and/or all phases of asset operational life through asset sale or decommissioning and apply understanding of asset operations and teamwork, communication and presentation skills to develop and deliver cost effective technical support within the individual's core discipline. You will be required to identify, develop and install new process applications and interfaces to increase process safety, operability and profitability and maintain and modify existing process control applications and operator interfaces to sustain automation solutions to drive and steward value delivery. Additionally you will provide process control support during project development, installation and start-up and mentor less experienced engineers
Skills and Qualifications
- B.S. Degree in an Engineering discipline required
- Process Control experience as a Control / Applications Engineer in a manufacturing plant or engineering contractor firm working with operations to deploy and sustain automation solutions
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with Distributed Control Systems (Honeywell TDC 3000, Experion, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with regulatory and advanced control applications
- Experience working directly with Console Operators to monitor, control, and optimize operations; Familiarity with control room operations
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills with customer focus
- Ability to read/interpret process flow diagrams and process and instrumentation diagrams
The rate for this will reflect the scope and significance of the client in their sector.
This position has been deemed Inside of IR35.
If you think this could be a new and exciting career opportunity for you and you would like to learn more or just for an initial, no-obligation conversation, please contact me on 07732 694 242 or you can apply directly by following the Apply Now link and I will contact you as soon as I receive your contact details.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan