Control Systems Engineer - Cheltenham - Outside IR35
We are seeking an experienced Control Systems Engineer to support us on a project within the energy and utilities sectors.
The role will support our client and internal team through the full project lifecycle, from design to delivery.
The role will project manage the technical realisation of solutions and deliverables.
The role will be focussing on an innovation project which is now being rolled out as Business-As-Usual for our client surrounding the build and implementation of an in-house SCADA solution using open source technology.
* Engineering management with DCS/SCADA/PLC and Safety Systems
* Carry out full lifecycle activities on brownfield projects, including the creation of user specifications, test procedures, PLC software programming, and on-site testing as required.
* Maintain and communicate project technical documentation
* Feed/Pre-Feed surveys and proposals
* Project planning
* Functional safety management
* Risk identification and mitigation
* Create and maintain realisation programmes
* Communication across teams and to project stakeholders
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
* Good Control Systems experience
* Knowledge of full PLC software design and build lifecycle, including associated international standards.
* Experience in using one or more control system hardware platforms (such as Siemens, Allen Bradley, ABB).
* Ability to multi-task and manage multiple project requirements simultaneously
* Technical qualification to HND or Degree level (e.g. Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering).
* Experience within Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals or Gas Compression
Belcan's Utility division is a specialist engineering consultancy providing control & instrumentation engineering, process & technical safety services, and OT cyber security consultancy services.
Founded in 2008 we are a team of high calibre engineers and have a passion for combining engineering and innovation.
Belcan is an international engineering firm founded over 60 years ago, serving customers in over 60 locations worldwide.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan