Control Systems Engineer - Hybrid role (office/home based with site visits)
The role will be based from our office in Cheltenham with 3 days expected in the office and the remaining days home-based.
Some travel to client sites will be required on an ad-hoc basis.
Permanent position with Salary dependent on experience.
We are seeking an experienced Control Systems Engineer to support us on a number of live projects within the energy and utilities sectors.
The role will support our client and internal team through the full project lifecycle, from design to delivery.
The role will project manage the technical realisation of solutions including managing resources and deliverables.
Whilst the role will encompass projects across a portfolio of clients, the immediate requirement will be focussing on an innovation project which is now being rolled out as Business-As-Usual for our client surrounding the build and implementation of an in-house SCADA solution using open source technology.
* Engineering management with DCS/SCADA/PLC and Safety Systems
* Carry out full lifecycle activities on brownfield projects, including the creation of user specifications, test procedures, PLC software programming, and on-site testing as required.
* Maintain and communicate project technical documentation
* Feed/Pre-Feed surveys and proposals
* Project planning
* Functional safety management
* Risk identification and mitigation
* Working with planning colleagues to create and maintain realisation programmes
* Workflow management of cross functional teams
* Communication across teams and to project stakeholders
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
* Good Control Systems experience
* Knowledge of full PLC software design and build lifecycle, including associated international standards.
* Experience in using one or more control system hardware platforms (such as Siemens, Allen Bradley, ABB).
* Ability to multi-task and manage multiple project requirements simultaneously
* Technical qualification to HND or Degree level (e.g. Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering).
* Experience within Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals or Gas Compression
Belcan's London division is a specialist engineering consultancy providing control & instrumentation engineering, process & technical safety services, and OT cyber security consultancy services.
Founded in 2008 we are a team of high calibre engineers and have a passion for combining engineering and innovation.
Belcan is an international engineering firm founded over 60 years ago, serving customers in over 60 locations worldwide.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.