Belcan are seeking an experienced Control & Instrumentation Project Engineer to support us on a number of live projects within the energy and utilities sectors. The role will support our client and internal team and will entail managing projects (£20k to £2million) through the full project lifecycle, from pre-feasibility to delivery. The role will project manage the technical realisation of C&I technical solutions including managing resources and deliverables. Whilst the role will encompass projects across a portfolio of clients, the immediate requirement will be focussing on C&I works for an upper tier COMAH LNG storage plant supplying 40% of the UK's gas supply.
The role will be based out of our office overlooking the Thames in South West London with 2 - 3 days expected in the office and the remaining days home-based. Some travel to client sites will be required on an ad-hoc basis.
- Technical input into projects during the feasibility, concept, FEED and detailed design phases
- Be the link and liaison between different engineering teams
- Communication across teams and to project stakeholders
- Coordinate project technical support, taking ownership of problems and seeing them through to resolution
- Identify and coordinate applicable engineering change requests
- Delivering work to a programme
- Identify and raise technical queries and Request for Information
- Produce, maintain and communicate project technical documentation
- Risk identification and mitigation
- Workflow management of cross functional teams
- Working with planning colleagues to create and maintain realisation programmes
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Minimum 10 years' experience within Control & Instrumentation
- Experience within Oil & Gas
- Experience within project management or a similar role
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple project requirements simultaneously
- Ability to perform unsupervised on own initiative and as part of a team
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Technical qualification to HND or Degree level (e.g. Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering).
- Can compile engineering documentation from scratch to a high level of quality
- Experienenced in carrying out site surveys and providing concise information back to the project team
- Held lead roles
- Basic experience of Mechanical and Electrical engineering disciplines.
- Experienced in working on UK based projects to CDM regulations and COMAH regulations.
- Ability to draw on a range of project management skills, tools and approaches
- Commercial awareness
Joining a team of 30 members of staff, the role offers the opportunity to join a growing company with an expanding projects portfolio. Learning and development is actively encouraged with opportunities for company sponsorship for professional development, and in-house mentoring opportunities to enable cross-discipline learning.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.