C&I Engineer - Permanent UK hybrid role with occasional sites visits and trips into London office, SW14 as required.
Belcan Workforce Solutions are looking to recruit a Control and Instrumentation engineer to assist the existing engineering team with multiple projects. The role will initially involve brownfield design solutions for upgrades to existing sites in the UK.
The role is initially hybrid work with some office based days (flexible depending on location) for project design coordination.
The C&I engineer is expected to participate in all aspects of design and design review as part of an engineering team.
Typical activities include:
- Design Review
- Basis of Design and Philosophies
- Specifications for equipment (e.g. instruments) and control & protection systems
- Specification for interfaces with existing control and protection systems
- Assistance with HMI designs
- Specifications for ICSS, F&G, field instrumentation, etc.
- Instrument index, I/O list, JB schedules, etc.
- Mark-up and review construction and deconstruction cable routing, hook-ups, loops, location drawings
- Cyber Security Considerations
- Responsible for C&I aspects of project delivery including technical and quality compliance
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Extensive Control and Instrument Engineering experience
- Experience with Oil & Gas, LNG, Petrochemicals, Cryogenic Pipeline, Process or Gas Compression
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple project requirements simultaneously
- Technical qualification to HND or Degree level
- Chartered engineer
- Experience on Top Tier COMAH sites
- Basic experience of Mechanical and electrical engineering disciplines.
- Experienced in working to CDM regulations.
- Ability to draw on a range of project management skills, tools and approaches.
- Experience in brownfield modifications as an engineer.
Belcan's Utility Division specialise in providing electrical, process, mechanical, control & instrumentation engineering, technical safety services, and OT cyber security consultancy services.
Founded in 2008 we are a team of high calibre engineers and have a passion for combining engineering and innovation. Our division mainly works in the downstream oil and gas, LNG storage and water industries.
Joining a team of 30 members of staff, the role offers the opportunity to join a growing company with an expanding projects portfolio. Learning and development is actively encouraged with opportunities for company sponsorship for professional development, and in-house mentoring opportunities to enable cross-discipline learning.
Being part of Belcan, an international engineering firm founded over 60 years ago, serving customers in over 60 locations worldwide. Belcan offers a range of services for the automotive, marine, defence and aerospace industries.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.