Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking to recruit a Construction Manager for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 12 month contract initially and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
You must hold current SC/DV Clearance to apply for this position as the end customers projects are of an extremely high level of classification. Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this role.
The position has been deemed Outside of IR35.
- Have a suitable amount of experience in operating in the build environment, with a proven track record in successfully planning, managing and monitoring construction work.
- Hold an industry standard, construction/build environment qualification (e.g.: NVQ Level 6, ONC, HNC, HND, Bachelors/Master's Degree or equivalent), aligned to their discipline/specialism.
- Demonstrate an exceptional level of awareness and understanding in construction environment, safety and health regulations and legislation.
- Hold an appropriate industry recognised safety scheme card, (i.e.: a Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) Managers card, Client Contractor National Safety Group (CCNSG) Safety Passport card or a suitable equivalent.
- Hold a Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS), or National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) Construction accreditation, or a suitable equivalent
- The safety of all staff within the construction site together with the Principal Construction Manager (PCM) and other Package Integration Managers (PIM).
- Visible commitment to safety improvement programmes and follows up accidents and injuries.
- Assist in the creation and maintain a culture of zero accidents or incidents relating to occupational and personal safety, security, health issues, and environmental matters.
- Communicating to employees and contractors of the importance of meeting customer requirements including references to statutory and internal regulatory procedures.
- Assist PCM in Construction Design Management (CDM) compliance.
- Coordinate the integration of contractor programmes.
- Review request for information (RFI) responses prior to response to contractor to determine cost and schedule impacts.
- Implement project internal change management processes.
- Assist in raising any instructions to contractor.
- Review contractor quotations for any changes to scope.
- Provision of accurate forecast to Senior Construction Manager (PCM).
- Review and actively engage in short term planning activities e.g. Plan of the Week and constraints.
- Provide management and governance to maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality across all areas of engineering with specific specialist knowledge within Construction and the nuclear environment.
- Responsible for the professional development, performance and ethical standards of the staff within their responsibility and reporting chain.
- Ensure that commissioning activities follow the appropriate Project Delivery Map.
- Ensure construction records are maintained to support project handover.
- Responsible for task management to meet the professional standards, performance and integrity of the work and reporting information necessary to support the project and business objectives.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan